Plants by mail order since 1984, over 4100 plants online today!
- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- July 2018
- Non-Herbaceous Sale - 20% off
- All offers and promotions
- The Ready-Made Yellow flowering Border
- Rhododendron Summer Sale - 3 for £39.00
- Herbaceous summer special - £7.50 for single plants saving up to £7.50
- Rhododendron Summer Sale - £17.00 each saving £5
- The Cornish Coastal Collection
- Herbaceous summer special - Any 3 for £21.00 saving up to £22.00
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2018
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Commonly known as Belladonna lily
We have lots of darker shades of pink Amaryllis available, colour may vary, all darker than shown in image. (not yet flowering so no picture)
Pests & Diseases - slugs, narcissus bulb fly. Under glass, aphids, red spider mites
Place of Origin - South Africa. Introduced into UK by Francis Mason (Kew) c. 1774
Half hardy - unheated greenhouse / mild winter - Hardy in coastal and relatively mild parts of the UK except in severe winters and a risk from sudden (early) frosts. May be hardy elsewhere with wall shelter or good micro-climate. Likely to be damaged or killed in cold winters. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -5°C (23°F)
Height - 60cm (24in)
Spread - 10cm (4in)
Bulb/Corm - Bulb/Corm or rhizomatous perennial - bulbous perennial. Umbels of 6 or more flowers 6-10cm (2-4in) long on stout stems. Strap-shaped, fleshy leaves 22-40cm (9-16in) long are produced after flowering
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.
Against a wall
Fertile moist well-drained soil
Harmful if eaten - These will give you an upset tummy, so please don't eat any of these.
Herbaceous Plants - Video Collection
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
Harrod Horticulture Plant Supports - Plant & Border Supports
Releasable plant supports
90cm high and sold in packs of 3. Each supports multiple stems with quick release.
2 options from £10.95
Fertilisers & Feeds - Vitax
Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser
A useful fertiliser suitable for use on a wide variety of plants. Q4 provides all the nutrients and trace elements essential for vigorous growth, abundant flowering and ripening of fruit.
3 options from £6.00
Fertilisers & Feeds - Empathy
Rootgrow mycorrhizal fungi
Recommended by the RHS. Contains Rootgrow™ mycorrhizal fungi. Suitable for all trees and shrubs (except rhododendrons, azaleas, heathers, cranberries and blueberries)
2 options from £6.00
Fertilisers & Feeds - Empathy
All-purpose Seaweed Stimulant
All-purpose organic concentrated seaweed feed that is a ready to use, derived from sustainable harvested kelp, that can be used on all outdoor and indoor plants, except acid loving plants. Perfect used in conjunction with Rootgrow™.
Protect your knees in the garden with this squishy mat. Water-repellent and light weight.