News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy CALLISTEMON citrinus 'Perth Pink'
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought CALLISTEMON citrinus 'Perth Pink' also bought these...
CALLISTEMON citrinus 'Perth Pink'
Clear pink flowers
- Pests & Diseases - red spider mites, mealy bugs, scale insects under glass.
- Place of Origin - Australia (New South Wales, Victoria)
- Half hardy - unheated greenhouse / mild winter - Hardy in coastal and relatively mild parts of the UK except in severe winters and a risk from sudden (early) frosts. May be hardy elsewhere with wall shelter or googd microclimate. Likely to be damaged or killed in cold winters. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -5°C (23°F)
- Height and Spread - 1.5m (5ft) but may need restrictive pruning under glass
- Evergreen - lance-shaped leaves to 10cm (4in) long.
- Medium Shrub - Typically grow to around 4-6 feet in height - variable habit with arching branches. Produces flowers in spikes 5-15cm (2-6in) long
- Full Sun - sheltered position.
- Greenhouse or Conservatory - Not the sort of plants to be grown outside where there are likely to be frosts. These plants need to be grown in a conservatory or cool greenhouse or at least brought inside for the winter - loam based compost, full light and ventilation
- Scented foliage - leaves release attractive lemon scent when crushed.
- Fertile moist well-drained soil
- Neutral to acid soil
- Rounded to broadly columnar