- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- Flowering & Top Sellers December 2016
- Winter Clearance Sale
- Winter Interest Sale
- All offers and promotions
- Save £5 on a gift wrapped Jasminum polyanthum delivered for £29.00, offer available without gift wrap
- Save £15.50 on 1 gift wrapped Daphne bholua 'Jacqueline Postill' delivered for £65.00, offer available without gift wrap
- Buy Christmas Rose and save £5.50 inc gift wrap and c&p for £23.50, further savings on more plants see offer for details.
Available without giftwrap
- Any medium sized Camellia with gift wrap and carriage/packing for £29.00 saving £8.00, available without gift wrap and further savings on more plants see offer for details.
- Save £5 on gift wrapped Gardenia jasminoides delivered for £29.50, offer available without giftwrap
- Save £6 on a giftwrapped small Edgeworthia chrysantha delivered for £29.50, offer available without giftwrap
- 100 daffodil bulbs for £21 saving £5.00
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2016
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
Small - Approx plant size 6 - 10 inches
All £9.50 Each, Any 3 for £24.00 Any 5 for £35.00
Medium - Approx plant size 12 - 18 inches
All £17.50 Each Any 3 for £45.00 Any 5 for £65.00
Large - Approx plant size 18 - 24 inches
All £21.00 Each Any 3 for £54.00 Any 5 for £80.00
J = japonica
S = sasanqua
R = reticulata
W = x williamsii
Sp = species
Sizes and varieties available change throughout the year. For up to date availability see website. Please do specify substitutes if and where you can. Some varieties flower in OCT-NOV, others go on from JAN-MAY. Please send for our Autumn list of field grown specimen sized camellias priced at £50.00 each 3 for £125.00
- Good to know - genus named by Linnaeus in honour of Georg Josef Kamel, also known as Camellus, a Moravian( Czech) Jesuit priest, and botanist (21 Apr. 1661 - 2 May 1706). Camellia (with a short 'e' as in 'egg') being the proper pronunciation.
- Pests & Diseases - aphids, scale insects, vine weevils, leaf spot, honey fungus.
- Place of Origin - woodland areas from northern India and the Himalayas, China, Japan, northern Indonesia, Java and Sumatra.
- You Tube Video - View Timelapse Camellia 'Carolyn Williams'
- Evergreen - shrubs or small trees.
- Partial Shade - shelter from cold, dry winds and early morning sun.
- Acid Loving
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus-rich
- Flower Colour - Bicolor - white, pink, red or yellow
- Flower Shape - Anemone - Several rows large outer petals with centre intermingled and stamens
- Double - Multi rows of petals, no stamen showing
- Formal double - Multi rows of petals in a symmetrical shape, no stamen showing
- Paeony - Mass mixed irregular petals, with or without stamens
- Semi-double - Two rows of petals with conspicuous stamens
- Single - Row of petals round conspicuous stamens - no more than 8 petals