News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy CAMELLIA 'Burncoose'
Suggested Further Reading
Other Suggested Plants
x williamsii. Single pale pink with very compact growth
- Pests & Diseases - aphids, scale insects, vine weevils, leaf spot.
- Place of Origin - garden origin. 1982. UK. Caerhays Estate, Cornwall
- x williamsii - compact growth.
- Hardy - average winter - Hardy through most of the UK apart from inland valleys, at altitude and central/northerly locations. May suffer foliage damage and stem dieback in harsh winters in cold gardens. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
- Height - in metres - 2 - 5m (6 - 15ft)
- Spread - in metres - 1 - 3m (3 - 10ft)
- Tall Shrub
- Partial Shade
- Acid Loving
- Fertile moist well-drained soil
- Rounded to broadly columnar
- Rounded to broadly spreading
- Flower Colour - Shades of pink - All shades of pink through to Carmine (red) - pale pink.
- Flower Shape - Single - Row of petals round conspicuous stamens - no more than 8 petals