News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy CAMELLIA 'Dainty'
Suggested Further Reading
Other Suggested Plants
Japonica. (California) - blush white striped red with fringed and ruffled petals
- Good to know - this cultivar is 'Dainty (California)'
- Pests & Diseases - aphids, scale insects, vine weevil, leaf spot.
- Place of Origin - garden origin. USA. EH Carter, Monterey Park, California.
- japonica - The best known of all the camellias, Japanese Camellia (Camellia japonica)
- Hardy - average winter - Hardy through most of the UK apart from inland valleys, at altitude and central/northerly locations. May suffer foliage damage and stem dieback in harsh winters in cold gardens. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
- Height and Spread - 4m(12ft)
- Tall Shrub - vigorous, upright growth.
- Partial Shade
- Acid Loving
- Fertile moist well-drained soil
- Rounded to broadly columnar
- Rounded to broadly spreading
- Flower Colour - Bicolor
- Flower Shape - Semi-double - Two rows of petals with conspicuous stamens