News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy CAMELLIA 'Mary Phoebe Taylor'
Suggested Further Reading
Other Suggested Plants
CAMELLIA 'Mary Phoebe Taylor'
x williamsii. Very large paeony form flowers light rose-pink
- Pests & Diseases - aphids, scale insects, vine weevils, leaf spot.
- Place of Origin - garden origin. New Zealand. 1965.
- x williamsii
- Hardy - average winter - Hardy through most of the UK apart from inland valleys, at altitude and central/northerly locations. May suffer foliage damage and stem dieback in harsh winters in cold gardens. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
- Height - in metres - 3m (10ft)
- Spread - in metres - 2m (6ft)
- Tall Shrub - upright, semi-spreading habit. Flowers to 13.5cm (5in) across with yellow anthers.
- Partial Shade
- Acid Loving
- Fertile moist well-drained soil
- Rounded to broadly columnar
- Rounded to broadly spreading
- Flower Colour - Shades of pink - All shades of pink through to Carmine (red) - pink.
- Flower Shape - Paeony - Mass mixed irregular petals, with or without stamens