News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy CEANOTHUS thyrsiflorus var repens
- Design your own garden - The coastal or windswept garden >
- Plants by colour - Blue >
- Plants for specific locations - Coastal and Windswept Locations – Coastal Plants >
- Plants for specific locations - Ground Cover Plants >
- Rabbit Resistant Plants - Shrubs >
- Shade Loving Plants - Ground Cover >
- Plants beginning with 'C' >
Suggested Further Reading
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought CEANOTHUS thyrsiflorus var repens also bought these...
CEANOTHUS thyrsiflorus var repens
California lilac, Creeping blueblossom, Redroot
Vigorous low spreading habit and terminal clusters of light or darker blue flowers. Ideal for growing on a bank or in coastal conditions
- Good to know - wildlife plant - insects, butterflies.
- Pests & Diseases - honey fungus.
- Place of Origin - USA (coastal northern California).
- Hardy - cold Winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/nothern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - in metres - 1m (36in)
- Spread - in metres - 2.5m (8ft)
- Dwarf Shrub - Typically only grows to a maximum of one or two feet in height but there will be some exceptions. - flowers in lateral and terminal panicles.
- Evergreen - glossy, mid-green leaves to 4cm (1½in) long.
- Ground Cover - These plants are typically low growing and spread quickly to inhibit weed growth on areas of bare soil
- Full Sun - with shelter from cold winds. Most do well trained against a wall.
- Partial Shade
- fertile well drained soil
- No Preference - can be lime tolerant but leaves may become chlorotic on shallow chalk soils.