- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering & Top Sellers April 2016
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2016
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
CEANOTHUS thyrsiflorus var repens
California lilac, Creeping blueblossom, Redroot
Vigorous low spreading habit and terminal clusters of light or darker blue flowers. Ideal for growing on a bank or in coastal conditions
Buy CEANOTHUS thyrsiflorus var repens
- Good to know - wildlife plant - insects, butterflies.
- Pests & Diseases - honey fungus.
- Place of Origin - USA (coastal northern California).
- Hardy - average winter - Hardy through most of the UK apart from inland valleys, at altitude and central/northerly locations. May suffer foliage damage and stem dieback in harsh winters in cold gardens. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
- Height - in metres - 1m (36in)
- Spread - in metres - 2.5m (8ft)
- Dwarf Shrub - Typically only grows to a maximum of one or two feet in height but there will be some exceptions. - flowers in lateral and terminal panicles.
- Evergreen - glossy, mid-green leaves to 4cm (1½in) long.
- Ground Cover - These plants are typically low growing and spread quickly to inhibit weed growth on areas of bare soil
- Full Sun - with shelter from cold winds. Most do well trained against a wall.
- Partial Shade
- fertile well drained soil
- can be lime tolerant but leaves may become chlorotic on shallow chalk soils.
All-purpose liquid stimulant
Rootgrow - Large - 360g
Rootgrow - Medium - 150g
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought CEANOTHUS thyrsiflorus var repens also bought these...