News and Events
Help and Advice
Buy CAMELLIA 'Contessa Lavinia Maggi'
Suggested Further Reading
Other Suggested Plants
CAMELLIA 'Contessa Lavinia Maggi'
Japonica. Large formal double white striped red which often sports
- Pests & Diseases - aphids, scale insects, vine weevils, leaf spot.
- Place of Origin - garden origin. Italy.
- japonica - The best known of all the camellias, Japanese Camellia (Camellia japonica)
- Hardy - average winter - Hardy through most of the UK apart from inland valleys, at altitude and central/northerly locations. May suffer foliage damage and stem dieback in harsh winters in cold gardens. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
- Height - in metres - to 9m (28ft)
- Spread - in metres - to 8m (25ft)
- Tall Shrub - vigorous, spreading shrub. Produces medium sized flowers 8-10cm (3-4in) across.
- Partial Shade
- Acid Loving
- Fertile moist well-drained soil
- Rounded to broadly columnar
- Rounded to broadly spreading
- Flower Colour - Bicolor - white, striped red.
- Flower Shape - Formal Double - Multi rows of petals in a symmetrical shape, no stamen showing Paeony - Mass mixed irregular petals, with or without stamens