- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- Flowering & Top Sellers April 2017
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2017
- Garden Related Products
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
Commonly known as: Virgin's bower.
Information - click to hide
- Good to know - C. viticella and the small-flowering varieties are resistant to clematis wilt.
- Pests & Diseases - cutworms, aphids attack young plants, whiteflies under glass. Clematis wilt.
- Place of Origin - northern and southern hemispheres including Europe, Himalayas, China, Australasia, North and Central America.
- Climber - Some of these climbing plants will need trellis or wire supports if grown on walls or fences. Other grow aerial roots and are self-clinging - attach to supports by means of leaf stalks.
- Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - perennials.
- Full Sun - provide shade for roots and base of plant. Herbaceous varieties require full sun.
- Partial Shade
- fertile well drained soil - humus-rich. Mulch in late winter.