- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- NEW - Light weight garden pots & planters
- Winter Clearance Sale
- Winter Interest Sale
- All offers and promotions
- Save £15.50 on 1 gift wrapped Daphne bholua 'Jacqueline Postill' delivered for £65.00, offer available without gift wrap
- Save £6.00 on gift wrapped Stephanotis floribunda including c&p for £33.50, offer available without gift wrap
- Any medium sized Camellia with gift wrap and carriage/packing for £29.00 saving £8.00, available without gift wrap and further savings on more plants see offer for details.
- Save £5 on a gift wrapped Jasminum polyanthum delivered for £29.00, offer available without gift wrap
- Save £6 on a giftwrapped small Edgeworthia chrysantha delivered for £29.50, offer available without giftwrap
- Save £5 on gift wrapped Gardenia jasminoides delivered for £29.50, offer available without giftwrap
- Buy Christmas Rose and save £5.50 inc gift wrap and c&p for £23.50, further savings on more plants see offer for details.
Available without giftwrap
- 100 daffodil bulbs for £21 saving £5.00
- Flowering & Top Sellers October 2016
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2016
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
Information - click to hide
- Good to know - C. viticella and the small-flowering varieties are resistant to clematis wilt.
- Pests & Diseases - cutworms, aphids attack young plants, whiteflies under glass. Clematis wilt.
- Place of Origin - northern and southern hemispheres including Europe, Himalayas, China, Australasia, North and Central America.
- Climber - Some of these climbing plants will need trellis or wire supports if grown on walls or fences. Other grow aerial roots and are self-clinging - attach to supports by means of leaf stalks.
- Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - perennials.
- Full Sun - provide shade for roots and base of plant. Herbaceous varieties require full sun.
- Partial Shade
- fertile well drained soil - humus-rich. Mulch in late winter.
Buy Varieties of CLEMATIS
Alpine clematis, Virgin's bower
A very popular pale blue early flowering clematis.
Deep violet-blue form of the Columbine clematis
Alpine clematis, Virgin's bower
Creamy-white flowers and long leathery dark green leaves
Blush pink flowers, tinted white, from darker pink buds.
Dwarf growing but very floriferous, white
Bronze tinged foliage in winter, flowers pale yellow spotted reddish purple
Larger flowered form, tinged pink with maroon spots
Large creamy-white unspotted flowers
Striking bright blue flowers on long stiff stems, good for cutting
Evergreen with pinnate leaves and sweetly scented white flowers
Large double greenish white flowers
(Syn. 'Sieboldii') - beautiful form with large white flowers and a conspicuous central boss of violet-purple stamens
Bright green leaves and star-like verbena scented white or creamy-white flowers. A scrambling New Zealand species
Profuse large deep blue flowers
Semi-double salmon-pink flowers
Large soft pink fragrant flowers
Semi-double flowering form with creamy pink sepals and a centre of large salmon-pink stamens, late flowering
Deep pink. Ideal for coastal exposure
Bronze purple new shoots and rose-pink flowers
Smaller bell-shaped yellow flowers from midsummer into autumn
Miniature tulip-shaped pink flowers with a vibrant pink central bar which becomes mauve-deep pink as it nears the edge of the flower
Bell-shaped wine-red flowers
Grey-green foliage and bell-shaped flowers which are green tipped white