- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Early Summer Sale
- Flowering & Top Sellers June 2016
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2016
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
CLEMATIS armandii 'Snowdrift'
Pure white flowers
Buy CLEMATIS armandii 'Snowdrift'
- Good to know - early spring scent of vanilla. Prune after flowering to allotted space to encourage growth for next season's flowers.
- Pests & Diseases - cutworms, aphids on young plants, whiteflies under glass. Clematis wilt.
- Place of Origin - China, Myanmar, Vietnam.
- Hardy - average winter - Hardy through most of the UK apart from inland valleys, at altitude and central/northerly locations. May suffer foliage damage and stem dieback in harsh winters in cold gardens. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
- Height - in metres - 3-5m (10-15ft)
- Spread - in metres - 2-3m (6-10ft)
- Climber - Some of these climbing plants will need trellis or wire supports if grown on walls or fences. Other grow aerial roots and are self-clinging - star-shaped flowers 5cm (2in) across. Produces flowers on previous year's shoots.
- Full Sun - provide shade for roots and base of plant.
- Partial Shade
- Scented flowers
fertile well drained soil
- humus- rich. Mulch in late winter
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought CLEMATIS armandii 'Snowdrift' also bought these...