- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- NEW - Light weight garden pots & planters
- Non-Herbaceous Sale
- Late Summer Flowering Sale
- Flowering & Top Sellers August 2016
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2016
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
CORONILLA valentina subsp glauca
Information - click to expand & read
- Good to know - member of the pea family with vetch-like leaves. November flowering and sweet scent in a protected position.
- Pests & Diseases - none.
- Place of Origin - Portugal, Spain, Croatia.
- Hardy - average winter - Hardy through most of the UK apart from inland valleys, at altitude and central/northerly locations. May suffer foliage damage and stem dieback in harsh winters in cold gardens. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
- Height and Spread - 80cm (32in)
- Dwarf Shrub - Typically only grows to a maximum of one or two feet in height but there will be some exceptions. - compact, rounded, bushy shrub. umbels of 4-14 flowers 1cm (½in) long are followed by slender pods to 5cm (2in) long.
- Evergreen - blue-green leaves with 5-7 leaflets.
- Full Sun - shelter from cold drying winds.
- Scented flowers
- medium to light, fertile, well drained soil
Golden yellow scented 'pea' flowers
Buy Varieties of CORONILLA valentina subsp glauca
Palest creamy yellow form with grey-green foliage
Rootgrow - Large - 360g
(360gram sachet - inc c&p) £12.00
Rootgrow - Medium - 150g
(150gram sachet - inc c&p) £6.00
Other Suggested Plants
CORONILLA valentina subsp glauca 'Citrina'
Available from £13.00
Available from £14.50
DAPHNE bholua 'Jacqueline Postill'
Available from £60.00
Available from £25.00