- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- NEW - Light weight garden pots & planters
- Non-Herbaceous Sale
- Flowering & Top Sellers September 2016
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2016
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
Information - click to expand & read
- Good to know - provide canes when the plants reach 30cm (12in) high. Thinning shoots when 7cm (3in) high ensures good-quality spikes. Deadhead to small, flowering sideshoots.
- Pests & Diseases - slugs, snails, leaf miners, caterpillars, powdery mildew, crown rot on mature plants.
- Place of Origin - mountainous areas worldwide with the exception of Australia.
- Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - annuals, biennials and perennials. Basal leaves are toothed and deeply or shallowly 3-5-lobed.
- Full Sun - shelter from cold winds
- fertile well drained soil
- Harmful if eaten - These will give you an upset tummy, so please don't eat any of these.
- May cause skin allergy or irritant - Having skin or eye contact with these plants could result in an allergic reaction, burning or rash.
Buy Varieties of DELPHINIUM
Compact sturdy habit. Triple-layered soft pink flowers
Highlander series. Double lavender-blue flowers with a cream centre. Good for cutting
Highlander series. Double pale purple flowers. Good for cutting
Highlander series. Double pink flowers good for cutting
A spectacular deep salmon-pink variety with traces of red. An oustanding plant which grows only to 3 or 4 feet and was first exhibited at Chelsea in 1994
A new introduction with the best double red flowers we have yet seen