- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- Flowering & Top Sellers November 2017
- Winter Sale - 20% off
- 50% off Winter Clearance
- All offers and promotions
- Mahonia x media Winter Sun - 1 for £29.50 inc gift wrap and c&p, saving £5.00
- Chimonanthus praecox - 1 large plant for £43.50, gift wrap, c&p included, a saving of £6.00
- Camellia - two year old plant for £30 inc gift wrap and c&p, SAVE £7.00
- Daphne 'Perfume Princess' gift wrapped and delivered for £33.50 saving £6.00
- Sarcococca 'Purple Stem' - 1 for £28.50 saving £5.00, inc gift wrap and c&p
- Daphne bholua 'Jacqueline Postill' - 1 small plant for £29.50 inc gift wrap and c&p, SAVE £10.00
- Abeliophyllum distichum - 1 for £28.50, gift wrap & c&p included, SAVE £6.00
- Helleborus niger 'Christmas Rose' for £25.00 inc gift wrap and c&p Saving £5.00
- Seeds - Save £3.00 when you buy 3 packs
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2017
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
Commonly known as Spurge, Wolf's milk
Very varied genus of about 2000 species of annuals, biennials, evergreen, semi-evergreen or herbaceous perennials, deciduous or evergreen subshrubs, shrubs and trees and succulents. Many uses including for mixed borders, woodland gardens and rockeries though notice should be taken of the milky sap which can irritate the skin and no part should be eaten. Many are attractive to insects. There are 10 UK natives, most of which are common.
Pests & Diseases - Aphids on herbaceous euphorbias, mealy bug on succulent ones. Grey mould.
Place of Origin - widely distributed in temperate sub tropical and tropical regions.
Deciduous - or evergreen sub shrubs, shrubs and trees.
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - annuals, biennials, evergreen, semi evergreen. Floral parts are usually much reduced, cupped by bracts in yellow, red, purple, brown or green.
Caution, toxic if eaten, may cause skin allergy or irritant - These plants are toxic if eaten and may also cause a skin allergy, rash, irritation to eyes and skin.
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video