- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- June 2018
- All offers and promotions
- Shop by category
- Full category list
- Planting Colour Combinations
- Chelsea Flower Show 2018 - New and unusual plants
- Chelsea Flower Show 2018 - Stand Plant List
- Chelsea Flower Show 2017 - Featured pollinator plants
- Chelsea Flower Show 2017 - Plant List
- Chelsea Flower Show 2016 - Best Selling Plants
- Design your own garden
- Plants by colour
- Plants for specific locations
- Burncoose Specialities
- Plants for specific types of garden
- Plants with particular characteristics
- Gift Ideas
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2018
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Genus of 37 species of deciduous or evergreen shrubs from warm areas of North and South America with dry, rocky soils.
The aromatic leaves are used for culinary purposes and for pot-pourri when dried when the fragrance becomes more intense.
Pests & Diseases - none.
Place of Origin - North and South America
Medium Shrub - Typically grow to around 4-6 feet in height - genus of shrubs with aromatic leaves and small, salverform flowers carried on spikes.
Free draining sandy soil - poor dry soil. Provide dry mulch in autumn to protect roots.