- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- NEW - Light weight garden pots & planters
- Non-Herbaceous Sale
- Late Summer Flowering Sale
- Flowering & Top Sellers August 2016
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2016
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
Japanese figleaf palm
Information - click to expand & read
- Good to know - tolerates coastal exposure.
- Pests & Diseases - mealybugs and scale insects can be a problem in greenhouse - outside cold winds can cause dieback.
- Place of Origin - eastern Asia.
- Will grow outside in milder locations - This could include plants which would survive happily in a greenhouse or conservatory if not in a mild location. If you have a sheltered spot in your garden then it may do well here. - under glass - loam based potting bright filtered light.
- Evergreen - shrubs or small trees
- Tall Shrub
- Full Sun - or light shade - variegated cultivars need partial shade.
- Fertile moist well-drained soil
Buy Varieties of FATSIA
False castor oil plant, Japanese figleaf palm
Excellent glossy foliage and an attractive habit which makes for an architectural or feature plant