- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- Flowering & Top Sellers March 2017
- March Sale
- Mother's Day Offers
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2017
- Garden Related Products
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
Information - click to hide
- Good to know - sizes vary from dwarf to gigantic. Large forms are excellent architectural plants. named by Linnaeus after Norwegian Bishop Johan Ernst Gunnerus.
- Pests & Diseases - slugs, snails.
- Place of Origin - southern Africa, Australasia, South America.
- Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - rhizomatous or evergreen perennials
- Full Sun - shelter from cold drying winds. Protect crowns of larger species in frost prone areas.
- Partial Shade
- Wet or boggy soil - or deep, permanently moist, humus- rich soil.
Buy Varieties of GUNNERA
Commonly known as: Chile rhubarb, Giant prickly rhubarb.
The more boggy the conditions the larger the giant, umbrella-shaped leaves.