- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Plants on Sale
- Flowering & Top Sellers October 2015
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2015
- Burncoose Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Log In / Register
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
History: Home >
HELLEBORUS orientalis 'Blue Lady'
Blue or dark purple flowers
Buy HELLEBORUS orientalis 'Blue Lady'
- Good to know - attractive to insects. Ideal position is under deciduous trees where flowers can bloom unshaded and plant is then sheltered from the sun throughout the year.
- Pests & Diseases - snails, aphids, leaf spot, black rot
- Place of Origin - garden origin. Gisela Schmiemann, Cologne, Germany
- Hardy - cold Winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/nothern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height and Spread - 45-60cm (18-24in)
- Herbaceous - overwintering, leathery, deep green basal leaves to 40cm (16in) long, each with 7-9 elliptic leaflets. Flowers 5-7cm (2-3in) across.
- Partial Shade - or dappled shade.
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus-rich.
- Neutral to Alkaline Soil
- Harmful if eaten - These will give you an upset tummy, so please don't eat any of these.
May cause skin allergy or irritant
- Having skin or eye contact with these plants could result in an allergic reaction, burning or rash.
Other Suggested Plants
Customers who bought HELLEBORUS orientalis 'Blue Lady' also bought these...