- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- Flowering & Top Sellers August 2017
- Non-Herbaceous Summer Sale 30% off
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2017
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
Commonly known as: Grape vine.
Information - click to hide
- Good to know - edible varieties for fruits and winemaking. Ornamental for foliage and fruits.
- Pests & Diseases - powdery mildew, honey fungus.Under glass, scale insects, mealybugs.
- Place of Origin - northern temperate regions
- Climber - Some of these climbing plants will need trellis or wire supports if grown on walls or fences. Other grow aerial roots and are self-clinging
- Deciduous - woody, tendril climber with flaking bark and simple lobed or toothed leaves.
- Fruit - Plants which produce an edible or ornamental fruit - small, green flowers, in panicles, form in the leaf axils in summer and are followed by fruits, edible in some species (grapes). Requires long, hot summer for ripening fruit.
- Zero Rated Item - No VAT on this plant - edible varieties.
- Against a wall - south or south-west wall suits outdoor varieties.
- Full Sun
- Partial Shade
- fertile well drained soil - humus-rich
- Neutral to Alkaline Soil
Fertilisers & Feeds - Vitax
Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser
A useful fertiliser suitable for use on a wide variety of plants. Q4 provides all the nutrients and trace elements essential for vigorous growth, abundant flowering and ripening of fruit.
3 options from £6.00
Fertilisers & Feeds - Empathy
Rootgrow mycorrhizal fungi
Recommended by the RHS. Contains Rootgrow™ mycorrhizal fungi. Suitable for all trees and shrubs (except rhododendrons, azaleas, heathers, cranberries and blueberries)
2 options from £6.00
Slate Plant Labels
These wonderfully tactile natural slate plant labels are hand made in Cornwall and come with a chalk pen. Just stick them in your pot or border. Pack of 6.
2ply sisal garden twine - 250 grams
Natural garden twine, 500 grams, 350 metres. Ideal in the garden or the home.