- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- NEW - Light weight garden pots & planters
- Non-Herbaceous Sale
- Late Summer Flowering Sale
- Flowering & Top Sellers August 2016
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2016
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Rare Plant List
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home >
BAMBOO Sasa palmata 'Nebulosa'
Information - click to expand & read
- Good to know - gives a tropical look to its planting site. To restrict spread can be grown in a large container plunged into ground.
- Place of Origin - Japan. Korea, China.
- Hardy - cold winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Height - in metres - 2 - 2.5m (6-8ft)
- Spread - in metres - indefinite.
- Bamboo - vigorous, running, bamboo with stout, upward-curved, usually purple-streaked canes.
- Evergreen - oblong, tapering, glossy, bright-green leaves 35-40cm (14-16in) long.
- Medium Shrub - Typically grow to around 4-6 feet in height
- Full Shade - sasas are shade-tolerant.
- Full Sun
- Partial Shade
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus-rich.
Medium sized bamboo with broad palmate leaves, growing up to 6-7' tall. Makes an excellent hedge or windbreak. New shoots form a favourite food for Pandas
Rootgrow - Large - 360g
(360gram sachet - inc c&p) £12.00
Rootgrow - Medium - 150g
(150gram sachet - inc c&p) £6.00
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 0.9 kg
(0.9 kg - c&p inc) £6.00
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 2.5 kg
(2.5 kg - c&p inc) £10.00
Vitax Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser 4.5 kg
(4.5 kg - c&p inc) £16.00
Other Suggested Plants
BAMBOO Pleioblastus auricomus
Available from £12.50
ZANTEDESCHIA aethiopica 'Crowborough'
Arum lily, Pig lily, Trumpet lily
Available from £10.00
Available from £25.00
Bear's breeches, Brank ursine
Available from £9.50