We are seeking a chef/ experienced cook to join our small friendly team in the castle. The position is a year-round, permanent one cooking for the private household and includes creating delicious lunches and occasional dinners during the busy winter shoot season for up to twenty clients at any one time. There are also other hospitality functions throughout the year that require a variety of catering.
This is a position that would suit a flexible, proactive, and responsible person who enjoys being part of a team. The hours are usually from 08.00 to 15.00, 5 to 6 days a week with longer days or split shifts being required at times.The salary is competitive and there is the possibility in the future of accommodation on the estate.
The correct candidate must be able to:
• Produce and prepare high quality food.
• Ensure the smooth day to day operation of the kitchen.
• Be responsible for all ordering and stocktaking plus good rotation of the stock.
• Ensure the highest standard of cleanliness is kept throughout.
• Work in compliance to a safe working environment by complying with current legislation with regards to Food Hygiene Regulations, COSHH and HACCP.
• Being aware of allergy risks in prepared dishes including cross contamination and ensuring all are labelled correctly.
• Maintain a detailed knowledge of the menus and ingredients within.
• Must be confident to work on their own and prioritise the workload but also play a key role within the household team and expect some job diversification.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org