Propagation / Nursery Assistant
££ Salary offered in accordance with experience
Monday to Friday 8am to 4:30pm
We are looking for a Propagation/Nursery assistant to join our expanding propagation department. You will be at the heart of a busy Nursery team assisting with the growing and maintenance of a wide range of plants, alongside helping with general nursery duties.
Our ideal Propagation/Nursery Assistant will have the below skills and experience;
You will have a passion for plants and looking for a career in busy nursery environment.
• Knowledge of plant propagation.
• Happy to work alone and maintain focus.
• Previous experience working in a horticulture setting.
• Basic knowledge on weed/pest/disease control or willingness to learn.
• Basic computer knowledge.
• Happy to work between teams throughout the nursery.
• Have a nurturing nature with exceptional attention to detail.
• Propagation from cuttings/seed.
• Potting on newly propagated plants – requiring a delicate nature.
• Plant care – assisting with weeding, trimming and watering.
• Label making – assisting our trade department with printing labels on the computer.
• Stock control – Accurately recording stock / helping with stock takes.
• Lifting and moving out of plant trays.
For more information, and to be considered please apply today to firstname.lastname@example.org