- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- November 2018
- November Sale - 20% off
- All offers and promotions
- Camellia x vernalis Yuletide 3 year old plant for £40.00 inc giftwrap, c&p, save £9.50
- Daphne 'Jacqueline Postill' - 1 small plant for £29.50 inc gift wrap and c&p, SAVE £10.00
- Viburnum x bodnantense 'Dawn' giftwrapped & delivered for £29.50 saving £6.00
- Rhododendron Wine and Roses – Save £8 on combined gift wrap & delivery offer
- Daphne odora f. alba delivered and giftwrapped for £45.00 saving £9.50
- Camellia - two year old plant for £30 inc gift wrap and c&p, SAVE £7.00
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2018
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Terms and Conditions
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
History: Home > February Monthly Inspiration - Burncoose Nurseries >
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
News and Gardening Tips
The first rhododendrons put in an appearance and the garden starts to come alive as the snowdrops begin to fade and the wild daffodils start to flourish. Rhododendron ‘Cornish Red’ and Rhododendron ‘Ostara’ are the frontrunners here. Nearby, in the Burncoose garden, Erica arborea is covered in its white scented flowers. The start of spring is not far away whatever surprises the weather may still have for us.
Elsewhere in the woodland garden and nursery there will be much to see. The first flowers on the dwarfish Corylopsis pauciflora. Scent from Lonicera fragrantissima, Acacia dealbata and Daphne odora. If the weather stays mild you might even find a flower on Magnolia campbellii or Magnolia stellata. For the last two years we certainly have here. Anyway, well worth a look as you get ready for the planting season and the forthcoming splendour of March.
Check all the stakes and ties on your plants after any heavy storms and size up where you have room to plant new things.
Plant of the Month
Plant of the Month has to be the evergreen Clematis armandii. On our walls the white (or pinkish) flowers stand proud against the dark green foliage. A clematis out now your garden visitors will say in astonishment! What other evergreen climber could put on such a show in February?
Not forgetting of course that February is the month of love! We think any of these will make a great gift. Last order date is Monday 12th February, to ensure delivery by the 14th. Choose your card and we will hand write a message for you.