- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.Clump-forming perennial with basal leaves 30-75cm (12-30in) long composed of numerous oval to rounded leaflets. Often arching stems
Very hardyHardy in the severest continental climates including exposed upland locations in the UK. Plant can withstand temperatures < -20 (-4°F)
Caution, toxic if eatenDo not eat these plants.Berries
CIMICIFUGA simplex 'Atropurpurea'
Additional FeaturesBerriesThese plants have berries.Good to knowWildlife plant - bottlebrush-like flowers are attractive to butterfliesPests & DiseasesNonePlace of originRussia, western China, Mongolia, Korea, Japan
Flower ShapeRacemes6-30cm (2½-12in) long
Leaf Colour (if not green)Purple
Scented PlantsScented flowers
Soil ConditionsFertile moist well-drained soilHumus-rich.
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video