- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
Offers & Promotions
- Autumn Clearance - 50% off
- Autumn Sale 25% off
- Chimonanthus praecox - £34.50 SAVE £4
- Daphne 'Spring Beauty' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Ilex 'Sunny Foster' £31.50 SAVE £4
- Camellia - £30 SAVING £8.00
- Schefflera taiwaniana £43.50 SAVE £6
- Edgeworthia 'Red Dragon' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Free Border Design Service
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden & Burncoose Tokens
- Gift Wrapping
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2020
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Commonly known as Silver bush
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Inversely lance-shaped to linear, silky leaves 3-6cm (1-2½in) long.
Dwarf shrub Typically only grows to a maximum of one or two feet in height but there will be some exceptions.
Compact, rounded, bushy shrub. Funnel-shaped flowers to 4cm(1½in) across are produced from pink buds.
Hardy - average winter Hardy through most of the UK apart from inland valleys, at altitude and central/northerly locations. May suffer foliage damage and stem dieback in harsh winters in cold gardens. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
Warm sheltered spot - against warm wall helps in frosty areas.
Pests & Diseases - none if growing outside.
Place of origin
central and western Mediterranean.
Resistant to honey fungus - These plants have little or few problems with honey fungus.
Coastal / windswept
Rockery (inc alpine)
Sub-tropical / mediterranean
Frost hardy (down to -5)
Leaf Colour (if not green)
Well drained, dry, poor to moderately fertile soil - with some horticultural sand or grit.