- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
DeciduousTerminal whorls of mid-green leaves 2-4cm (¾ -1½in) long.
Ground coverThese plants are typically low growing and spread quickly to inhibit weed growth on areas of bare soilCreeping rhizomatous perennial. Green flowers in cymes 1.5cm (½in) across surrounded by 4-6 white or pinkish bracts 1-2cm (½-¾in) long. Red pea-sized berries in autumn.
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.
Hardy - cold winterHardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
Additional FeaturesPests & DiseasesAnthracnosePlace of originNorthern Asia, USA to Greenland.
Garden Location/ConditionsRockery (inc alpine)
(see photos above)
(see photos above)Obovate (see photos above)
Soil ConditionsAcid / ericaceous lovingFertile moist well-drained soil
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Overpotting Problems - Video Tip ondemand_video