- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
Offers & Promotions
- Evergreen Sale 25% off
- Seasonal Sale 20% off
- Camellia 'Yuletide' Save £6.00
- Helleborus niger 'Christmas Rose'
- Daphne 'Perfume Princess'
- Camellia - Save £5.00
- Camellia - Save £12.00
- Free Border Design Service
- Ready Made Borders
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden & Burncoose Tokens
- Gift Wrapping
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2023
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Deciduousdark-green leaves to 10cm (4in) turning red in autumn.
Medium shrubTypically grow to around 4-6 feet in heightVigorous, upright shrub. Small cream flowers on flat flowerheads followed by pea-sized, bluish-white berries.
Very hardyHardy in the severest continental climates including exposed upland locations in the UK. Plant can withstand temperatures < -20 (-4°F)
Full sunFor best winter colour
CORNUS alba 'Sibirica'
Additional FeaturesGood to knowHard prune in march to produce new stems for best winter colour.Pests & DiseasesAnthracnosePlace of originSiberia, northern China to Korea.
Garden Location/ConditionsBorderSuitable for a shrub borderCoastal / windswept
(see photos above)
(see photos above)Ovate (see photos above)
Pruning groupPruning group 4Suitable for: Deciduous trees and shrubs that flower on current year's growth or are grown for winter stem effect.
Pruning: Hard prune to a low permanent framework.
When: Annually in early Spring.
RHS group 5, 6 & 7
Soil ConditionsFertile moist well-drained soilTolerates allWet or boggy soil
- Maintenance - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Cornus capitata seed collection - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Cornus capitata - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Cornus kousa 'Satomi' - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Cornus kousa ‘Doubloon’ - Video Tip ondemand_video