- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- December 2018
- November Sale - 20% off
- All offers and promotions
- Daphne 'Jacqueline Postill' - 1 small plant for £29.50 inc gift wrap and c&p, SAVE £10.00
- Daphne odora f. alba delivered and giftwrapped for £45.00 saving £9.50
- Camellia - two year old plant for £30 inc gift wrap and c&p, SAVE £7.00
- Camellia x vernalis Yuletide 3 year old plant for £40.00 inc giftwrap, c&p, save £9.50
- Viburnum x bodnantense 'Dawn' giftwrapped & delivered for £29.50 saving £6.00
- Rhododendron Wine and Roses – Save £8 on combined gift wrap & delivery offer
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2018
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Terms and Conditions
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Genus of about 30 species (and some 20,000 cultivars predominantly derived from D. pinnata and D. coccinea) of bushy, usually tuberous-rooted perennials from mountainous areas of Mexico and Central America.
Late-flowering so provide colour when other flowers are past their best.
Single varieties attract insects.
Good to know - late-flowering deadhead regularly to prolong flowering. Wildlife plant (single forms) - insects.
To buy small dahlia cuttings or to learn more about dahlias, visit the National Dahlia Collection
Pests & Diseases - slugs, earwigs, caterpillars. Prone to powdery mildew, mosaic virus.
Place of Origin - Mexico, Central America
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.
Tuberous - tuberous perennials
Fertile well drained soil - humus-rich.
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video