- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Another old cottage-garden favourite. To get the best display requires some fussing over. Greedy feeders and loved by slugs. Taller varieties need staking. Results can be spectacular.
Genus of about 320 species of annuals, biennials and perennials found mainly in mountainous areas worldwide, except Australia.
Main delphinium, or larkspur, cultivars are classed into Belladonna, Elatum or Pacific Hybrid groups
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.Annuals, biennials and perennials. Basal leaves are toothed and deeply or shallowly 3-5-lobed.
Full sunShelter from cold winds
Additional FeaturesGood to knowProvide canes when the plants reach 30cm (12in) high. Thinning shoots when 7cm (3in) high ensures good-quality spikes. Deadhead to small, flowering sideshoots.Pests & DiseasesSlugs, snails, leaf miners, caterpillars, powdery mildew, crown rot on mature plants.Place of originMountainous areas worldwide with the exception of Australia.
Soil ConditionsFertile well drained soil
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Overpotting Problems - Video Tip ondemand_video
Buy Varieties of DELPHINIUM
pink with black eye
blue with white eye
lavender-blue with white eye
Highlander series. Double lavender-blue flowers with a cream centre. Good for cutting
Highlander series. Double pale purple flowers. Good for cutting
Highlander series. Double pink flowers good for cutting
violet with white eye
Highlander series - A form with double lilac rosettes which initially have a lime-green centre
light blue with white heart