- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Rare Plant List
- December 2018
- All offers and promotions
- Daphne odora f. alba delivered and giftwrapped for £45.00 saving £9.50
- Rhododendron Wine and Roses – Save £8 on combined gift wrap & delivery offer
- Camellia - two year old plant for £30 inc gift wrap and c&p, SAVE £7.00
- Viburnum x bodnantense 'Dawn' giftwrapped & delivered for £29.50 saving £6.00
- Camellia x vernalis Yuletide 3 year old plant for £40.00 inc giftwrap, c&p, save £9.50
- Daphne 'Jacqueline Postill' - 1 small plant for £29.50 inc gift wrap and c&p, SAVE £10.00
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- Flowering by Month
- New plants in 2018
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Terms and Conditions
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
DIGITALIS purpurea Excelsior hybrids
Commonly known as Foxglove
Seeds may be available, check buying options below.
Good to know - developed from our common foxglove. Wildlife plant - bees, caterpillars of butterflies and moths.
Pests & Diseases - leaf spot, powdery mildew.
Place of Origin - Europe.
Very hardy - Hardy in the severest continental climates including exposed upland locations in the UK. Plant can withstand temperatures < -20 (-4°F)
Height - 1.2m (4ft)
Spread - 60cm (24in)
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - biennial or short lived perennial. Unlike the wild foxglove the bells are evenly spaced around the spike. Shades of creamy yellow, white, purple or pink.
Tolerates all - except very wet or dry. Most prefer humus- rich soil.
Caution, toxic if eaten - Do not eat these plants.
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video