emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Please note once despatched, your delivery may take 1-3 days due to the high volume with the couriers. Your plants will be fine during this time.
Full plant information & availability is shown online.
The nursery is now open to the public between 10am and 4pm. Please follow instructions on site, card payments only, no cash. Click and collect is also available.
THE CAFE & GARDENS ARE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Last updated 14/05/20 10:00.
DIGITALIS purpurea 'Sutton's Apricot'
Commonly known as Foxglove
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Seeds may be available, check buying options below.
Orange - apricot pink
Height - 2m (6½ft)
Spread - 60cm (24in)
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - biennial or short lived perennial. Horizontally held, wide-open, frilly-margined flowers.
Very hardy - Hardy in the severest continental climates including exposed upland locations in the UK. Plant can withstand temperatures < -20 (-4°F)
Caution, toxic if eaten - Do not eat these plants.
Additional Features - Good to know - - developed from our common foxglove. Wildlife plant - bees, caterpillars of butterflies and moths.
Pests & Diseases - leaf spot, powdery mildew.
Place of origin - garden orogin. Bred by Sutton's, UK
Hardiness - Fully hardy -
Seasonal Interest - Summer -
Soil Conditions - Tolerates all - - except very wet or dry. Most prefer humus- rich soil.
Wildlife - Bee friendly -
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video