- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
DeciduousHeart-shaped, mid-green basal leaves 7-16cm (3-6in) long.
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.Rosette-forming, short-lived perennial. 6cm (2½in) long cones of flowers with bracts to 6cm (2½in) long. Flowers and bracts are prickly.
Very hardyHardy in the severest continental climates including exposed upland locations in the UK. Plant can withstand temperatures < -20 (-4°F)
Full sunAvoid winter wet.
ERYNGIUM giganteum 'Miss Willmott's Ghost'
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Additional FeaturesGood to knowSyn. E. giganteum. Wildlife plant - nectar and pollen for insects. Named for Miss Ellen Wilmott (1853-1934)Pests & DiseasesRoot rot, slugs, snails, powdery mildew.Place of originCaucasus, Iran,
Soil ConditionsWell drained, dry, poor to moderately fertile soil
WildlifeBee friendlyButterfly friendlyRabbit Resistant
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Overpotting Problems - Video Tip ondemand_video