emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Commonly known as Spurge, Wolf's milk
Very varied genus of about 2000 species of annuals, biennials, evergreen, semi-evergreen or herbaceous perennials, deciduous or evergreen subshrubs, shrubs and trees and succulents.
Many uses including for mixed borders, woodland gardens and rockeries though notice should be taken of the milky sap which can irritate the skin and no part should be eaten.
Many are attractive to insects.
There are 10 UK native spurges, most of which are common.
Deciduous - or evergreen sub shrubs, shrubs and trees.
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - annuals, biennials, evergreen, semi evergreen. Floral parts are usually much reduced, cupped by bracts in yellow, red, purple, brown or green.
Caution, toxic if eaten, may cause skin allergy or irritant - These plants are toxic if eaten and may also cause a skin allergy, rash, irritation to eyes and skin.
Additional Features - Pests & Diseases - - aphids on herbaceous euphorbias, mealy bug on succulent ones. Grey mould.
Place of origin - widely distributed in temperate sub tropical and tropical regions.
Wildlife - Rabbit Resistant -
- Growing & Caring for Euphorbia
- Evergreen pruning - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading in June - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video