- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Semi-evergreenKeeps some of its foliage all year, and will drop some leaves as well.Strap-like, mid green leaves
BlueVery dark blue
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.Clump-forming perennial.
Half hardy - unheated greenhouse / mild winterHardy in coastal and relatively mild parts of the UK except in severe winters and a risk from sudden (early) frosts. May be hardy elsewhere with wall shelter or good micro-climate. Likely to be damaged or killed in cold winters. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -5°C (23°F)Mulch for winter in cold areas. Bring pots into shelter
AGAPANTHUS 'Navy Blue'
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Additional FeaturesGood to knowSyn. A. 'Midnight Star'. Excellent in a containerPests & DiseasesSlugs, snails, viruses.Place of originSouth Africa (Northern Cape, Western Cape, Eastern Cape)
Garden Location/ConditionsPatio / pot plants
HardinessFrost hardy (down to -5)
Soil ConditionsFertile moist well-drained soilLoam based compost (JI No. 3) in containers.
Toxic - Category CHarmful if eatenHarmful to dogs
- Planting location
- Planting and treatment
- Splitting / dividing pot grown plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Splitting / dividing plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Hyrangeas for sale June 2022 - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Overpotting Problems - Video Tip ondemand_video