- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
DeciduousStem leaves 2-10cm (2-4in) long are deeply cut into 5-7 sparsely toothed lobes, each with 3 segments. Has few basal leaves
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.Dense, clump forming perennial. Taller, more lax habit than sanguineum.
Hardy - cold winterHardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
GERANIUM sanguineum 'Album'
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Additional FeaturesGood to knowForm of the native. Wildlife plant - insectsPests & DiseasesVine weevil, slugs, snails. Viruses and downy mildew. Powdery mildew in dry conditions.Place of originEurope and northern Turkey.
Flower ShapeCup-shapedTo 4cm (1½in) across, usually with notched petals
Soil ConditionsFertile well drained soil
WildlifeBee friendlyRabbit Resistant
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video