- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.Clump forming perennial. Heart-shaped, cupped, very puckered leaves 20cm (8in) long. Greyish-white flowers on scapes 65cm (26in) tall.
Very hardyHardy in the severest continental climates including exposed upland locations in the UK. Plant can withstand temperatures < -20 (-4°F)
Partial shadeBetter colour with sun but shelter from midday sun.
HOSTA sieboldiana 'Frances Williams'
OFFER This plant is in our Selected perennials for £10.00 offer >
OFFER This plant is in our Selected perennials for any 3 for £27.00 offer >
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Additional FeaturesPests & DiseasesA great delicacy for slugs and snails! Vine weevil in pot grown plants. Possibly virus infectionsPlace of originGarden origin (USA)
Leaf Colour (if not green)Gold variegated
Soil ConditionsFertile moist well-drained soilShelter from cold dry winds. Will not tolerate drought. Mulch annually in spring to keep in moisture
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Overpotting Problems - Video Tip ondemand_video