- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
HeightTo 30cm (12in)
Ground coverThese plants are typically low growing and spread quickly to inhibit weed growth on areas of bare soil
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.Brightly variegated leaves in shades of green, pale yellow and red. Leaves 3-9cm (1¼-3½in) long. Tiny flowers are surrounded by white bracts.
Hardy - cold winterHardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
HOUTTUYNIA cordata 'Chameleon'
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Additional FeaturesGood to knowLess invasive than the species.Pests & DiseasesNonePlace of originJapan, China
Flower ShapeSpikesDense spikes to 3cm (1¼in) long
Garden Location/ConditionsBog garden
Leaf Colour (if not green)Gold variegated
Scented PlantsScented flowersScented foliageUnusual, orange-like scent when bruised.
Soil ConditionsFertile moist well-drained soilHumus-richWet or boggy soil
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
to 30cm (12in)