emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
ALBIZIA julibrissin 'Rosea'
Commonly known as Persian acacia, Pink siris
Deciduous - light- to mid-green, mimosa-like leaves 30-45cm (12-18in) long. Flowers in terminal clusters 7-15cm (3-6in) wide.
Shades of pink - All shades of pink through to Carmine (red)
Height - 6m (20ft)
Spread - 4-6m (12-20ft)
Tree - domed crown when mature.
Hardy - average winter - Hardy through most of the UK apart from inland valleys, at altitude and central/northerly locations. May suffer foliage damage and stem dieback in harsh winters in cold gardens. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
Additional Features - Medicinal properties -
Pests & Diseases - red spider mite, whitefly - more usually under glass - vascular wilt outside
Place of origin - Iran to Japan
Hardiness - Frost hardy (down to -5) -
Pruning group - Pruning group 1
Suitable for: Deciduous and evergreen trees, and some deciduous shrubs.
Pruning: Minimal pruning required. Prune wayward or crossing branches to maintain a healthy framework.
When: When dormant in the late winter/early spring. Some in the summer/autumn to prevent bleeding of sap.
RHS group 1
Seasonal Interest - Autumn -
Soil Conditions - Well drained, dry, poor to moderately fertile soil -
Tree Shape - Rounded to broadly spreading -
- How to plant a tree - Video Tip ondemand_video
- How to plant a tree
- Checking ties - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Restaking fallen young tree - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Fallen old tree - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring pruning - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Removing side shoots - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Deer protection - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Weed Spraying - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Removing Ivy - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Tree Survey - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Crown uplift - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Removing shoots below graft - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Removing peeling bark - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Maintaining variegation - Video Tip ondemand_video