- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Semi-evergreenKeeps some of its foliage all year, and will drop some leaves as well.Sometimes evergreen. Leaves 20-60cm (8-24in) long
SpreadTo 50cm (20in)
Bulb/Corm or rhizomatous perennialRhizomatous bearded perennial. 2 to 6 soft-blue flowers, 10cm (4in) across, per stem
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.
Very hardyHardy in the severest continental climates including exposed upland locations in the UK. Plant can withstand temperatures < -20 (-4°F)
IRIS pallida 'Variegata'
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Additional FeaturesPests & DiseasesSlugs, snails, aphid-borne viral infection, soft rot (affects rhizomes)Place of originCroatia
Leaf Colour (if not green)Gold variegated
Scented PlantsScented flowers
Soil ConditionsWell drained, dry, poor to moderately fertile soil
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Overpotting Problems - Video Tip ondemand_video
to 50cm (20in)