- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
WhiteWith yellowish bases and bright-yellow anthers.
Bulb/Corm or rhizomatous perennialStiffly erect stems bear scattered or spirally-arranged, twisted, lance-shaped leaves to 8cm (3in) long
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.Broad, lance-shaped basal leaves to 22cm (9in) long appearing in autumn. Overwintering basal leaves are unique to this lily.
Hardy - cold winterHardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Additional FeaturesPests & DiseasesMany! Aphids, lily beetle, slugs, leatherjackets, wireworm, thrips and our little friends the rabbits and mice. Botrytis in wet springs.Place of originSoutheastern Europe to eastern Mediterranean.
Flower ShapeRacemesOf 5-20 flowersTrumpetBroadly trumpet-shaped, 5-8cm (2-3in) long
Scented PlantsScented flowersSweetly fragrant.
Soil ConditionsFertile well drained soilModerately fertileNeutral to alkaline soil
Toxic - Category CMay cause skin allergy(People & Pets) toxic to cats if eaten
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Overpotting Problems - Video Tip ondemand_video