- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
DeciduousOval-lance-shaped to elliptic, stalked, basal leaves 4-20cm (1½-8in) long
Bulb/Corm or rhizomatous perennialRhizomatous perennial with tough, slender, creeping rhizomes. The pendent, waxy, flowers are produced on leafless stems
Ground coverThese plants are typically low growing and spread quickly to inhibit weed growth on areas of bare soil
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.
Very hardyHardy in the severest continental climates including exposed upland locations in the UK. Plant can withstand temperatures < -20 (-4°F)
LILY OF THE VALLEY Common white form
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Additional FeaturesGood to knowConvallaria majalis. (English native) Makes good ground cover in a damp, shady border.Pests & DiseasesGrey mould (Botrytis).Place of originNorthern temperate regions.
Flower ShapeBell/LanternBell-shaped 0.5-1cm (¼-½in) acrossRacemesArching racemes
Scented PlantsScented flowersStrongly scented
Soil ConditionsFertile moist well-drained soilHumus-rich. Top dress with leaf mould in autumn.
Toxic - Category B - CAUTIONToxic if eaten(People & Pets)
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Overpotting Problems - Video Tip ondemand_video