emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Commonly known as Lilyturf
Generally easily grown with no management as a slowly spreading groundcover or edging.
Genus of about 8 species of tufted, rhizomatous and tuberous, evergreen and semi-evergreen perennials found in usually acid woodland habitats in China, Vietnam, Taiwan and Japan.
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - evergreen and semi evergreen rhizomatous and tuberous perennials. Arching, linear, grass-like leaves form dense clumps or mats. Small flowers, which open only slightly, are followed by black berries.
Full shade - - shelter from cold winds
Additional Features - Place of origin - China, Japan, Vietnam,Taiwan.
Soil Conditions - Acid / ericaceous loving
Fertile moist well-drained soil
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video