- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
Offers & Promotions
- Autumn Clearance - 50% off
- Autumn Sale 25% off
- Camellia - £30 SAVING £8.00
- Daphne 'Spring Beauty' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Schefflera taiwaniana £43.50 SAVE £6
- Ilex 'Sunny Foster' £31.50 SAVE £4
- Chimonanthus praecox - £34.50 SAVE £4
- Edgeworthia 'Red Dragon' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Free Border Design Service
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden & Burncoose Tokens
- Gift Wrapping
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2020
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Commonly known as White Chilean myrtle
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Broadly elliptic, wavy-margined leaves to 2.5cm (1in) long.
Or small tree with dull, grey-brown bark. 4- or5-petalled flowers 1.5cm (½in) across are produced singly or in3-flowered clusters followed by edible berries.
Hardy - average winter Hardy through most of the UK apart from inland valleys, at altitude and central/northerly locations. May suffer foliage damage and stem dieback in harsh winters in cold gardens. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
Berries These plants have berries.
Pests & Diseases
Place of origin
Resistant to honey fungus - These plants have little or few problems with honey fungus.
Frost hardy (down to -5)
Fertile well drained soil - humus- rich.
Rounded to broadly columnar
Buy Varieties of LUMA
scented white flowers and cinnamon-brown peeling bark
Conspicuous creamy yellow margin to the leaves which are tinged pink in the winter