- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
Offers & Promotions
- Autumn Clearance - 50% off
- Autumn Sale 25% off
- Schefflera taiwaniana £43.50 SAVE £6
- Camellia - £30 SAVING £8.00
- Daphne 'Spring Beauty' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Chimonanthus praecox - £34.50 SAVE £4
- Edgeworthia 'Red Dragon' £53.50 SAVE £6
- Ilex 'Sunny Foster' £31.50 SAVE £4
- Free Border Design Service
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden & Burncoose Tokens
- Gift Wrapping
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2020
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Commonly known as Tree lupin, Yellow tree lupin
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
5- to 12- palmate, grey-green leaves composed of oval leaflets to 6cm (2½in) long.
Medium shrub Typically grow to around 4-6 feet in height
Bushy, vigorous shrub or subshrub with silky shoots and pea-like flowers
Hardy - average winter Hardy through most of the UK apart from inland valleys, at altitude and central/northerly locations. May suffer foliage damage and stem dieback in harsh winters in cold gardens. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
Harmful if eaten These will give you an upset tummy, so please don't eat any of these.
Good to know - attractive to insects.
Pests & Diseases
slugs, gall, mildew, leaf spot, virus, fungal and bacterial rot.
Place of origin
Racemes - dense to lax, upright racemes to 30cm (12in) long
Coastal / windswept
Frost hardy (down to -5)
Free draining sandy soil - light and moderately fertile
Buy Varieties of LUPINUS arboreus
Light blue flowers