emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
MACLEAYA microcarpa 'Kelways Coral Plume'
Commonly known as Plume poppy
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Shades of pink - All shades of pink through to Carmine (red) - coral pink
Height - 2.2m (7ft)
Spread - 1m (39in) or more.
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - rhizomatous perennial with 5-7 lobed leaves to 25cm (10in) long with rounded, toothed lobes and prominent veins. Produces large, loose panicles of pendent flowers, each with 8-15 stamens.
Hardy - very cold winter - Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe. Plant can possibly withstand temperatures down to -20°C (-4°F)
Full sun - shelter from cold winds
Partial shade - tolerates partial shade.
Additional Features - Pests & Diseases - - slugs
Place of origin - garden origin
Hardiness - Fully hardy -
Seasonal Interest - Summer -
Soil Conditions - Fertile moist well-drained soil - - will tolerate most soils.
Wildlife - Rabbit Resistant -
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
1m (39in) or more.