- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
Offers & Promotions
- Evergreen Sale 25% off
- Seasonal Sale 20% off
- Helleborus niger 'Christmas Rose'
- Camellia 'Yuletide' Save £6.00
- Daphne 'Perfume Princess'
- Camellia - Save £12.00
- Camellia - Save £5.00
- Free Border Design Service
- Ready Made Borders
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden & Burncoose Tokens
- Gift Wrapping
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2023
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.Seed-raised, clump-forming cultivar with elliptic leaves.
Hardy - cold winterHardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
Partial shadeShelter from cold, drying winds
Additional FeaturesGood to knowSoil should be open enough to prevent stagnation and rot in winter. Given the right conditions, a longer-lived cultivarPests & DiseasesSlugs, snails, downy mildewPlace of originGarden origin.
Flower ShapeCup-shapedShallowly cup-shaped 10-15cm (4-6in) across
Soil ConditionsFertile moist well-drained soilNeutral to acid soil
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Overpotting Problems - Video Tip ondemand_video