- Shop Now
- Burncoose Specialities
- This Month
- Offers & Promotions
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2022
- Engage With Us
- Information, Help & Advice
- About Us & Our Services
- Terms & Conditions
- Log In / Register
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Bulb/Corm or rhizomatous perennialSome rhizomatous perennials
HerbaceousEarly in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.
Full sunOr dappled shade. Will not tolerate drying out in summer or excessive winter wet.
Additional FeaturesGood to knowWildlife plant - bees. Long-flowering and colourful. Most garden bergamots are derived from M. didyma (bee balm, Oswego tea) or are hybrids of M. fistulosa (wild bergamot).Pests & DiseasesSlugs, particularly in springtime.Powdery mildew in hot dry weather.Place of originNorth America.
Scented PlantsScented foliage
Soil ConditionsFertile moist well-drained soilHumus-rich.
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Overpotting Problems - Video Tip ondemand_video
Buy Varieties of MONARDA
striking bright pink
reddish purple flowers
purple flowers on upright stems
(syn. M.'Snow Maiden') - pure white flowers