emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
MONARDA 'Cambridge Scarlet'
Commonly known as Bee balm, Bergamot
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Height - 90cm (36in)
Spread - 45cm (18in)
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - perennial. Oval, toothed leaves to 14cm (5½in) long. Flowers to 5cm (2in) long produced in whorls.
Hardy - very cold winter - Hardy in all of UK and northern Europe. Plant can possibly withstand temperatures down to -20°C (-4°F)
Full sun - will not tolerate drying out in summer or excessive winter wet.
Partial shade - light, dappled shade
Additional Features - Good to know - - wildlife plant - insects
Pests & Diseases - slugs, particularly in springtime. Powdery mildew in hot dry weather.
Place of origin - garden origin.
Hardiness - Fully hardy -
Scented Plants - Scented foliage -
Seasonal Interest - Summer -
Soil Conditions - Fertile moist well-drained soil - - humus-rich.
Wildlife - Bee friendly -
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video