emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
emailPlease enter your email address
Commonly known as Bee balm, Bergamot
- Mature Size
- Tips and Advice
- Goes Well With
- Planting Combinations
- Other Suggestions
- See Also...
Height - 30-40cm (12-16in)
Spread - 30-40cm (12-16in)
Herbaceous - Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants might be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch. - lower growing perennial than the others.
Full sun - will not tolerate drying out in summer or excessive winter wet.
Partial shade - light, dappled shade
Additional Features - Good to know - - more mildew resistant than most. Wildlife plant - insects
Pests & Diseases - slugs, particularly in springtime. Powdery mildew in hot, dry weather.
Place of origin - Chicago Botanic Garden, USA.
Scented Plants - Scented foliage - - aromatic leaves
Soil Conditions - Fertile moist well-drained soil - - humus-rich.
- Dividing Herbaceous Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Spring Planting Osteospermums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing Summer Perennials - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dividing summer flowering Hemerocallis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Summer propagation - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Self-seeding aquilegia - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Supporting Plants - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading meconopsis - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Dead heading Delphiniums - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Feeding herbaceous peonies - Video Tip ondemand_video