Plants by mail order since 1984, over 4100 plants online today!
- Go Shopping
- Browse our plants A-Z
- Plant Finder
- Rare Plant List
- March 2019
- All offers and promotions
- Shop by category
- Shop by plant type
- New plants in 2019
- Garden Essentials
- Burncoose Website Gift Vouchers
- National Garden Tokens
- Customer Services and Information
- News and Events
- Help and Advice
- Terms and Conditions
- Catalogue Request
- Professional Gardeners
- About Us
- Log In / Register
Due to a fallen tree last Friday we are still without telephones until probably early next week. If you have any queries please email us. Orders are being despatched as normal. Thank you.
emailWould you like to receive Burncoose newsletters?
Keep up to date on offers, events and news from us and the rest of the Caerhays Estate.
Commonly known as Mimosa, Silver wattle
Florists mimosa. Yellow scented flowers
- Design your own garden: The town garden
- Gift Ideas: Christmas Gift Ideas
- Gift Ideas: Silver Wedding Plants
- Plants for specific locations: Patio Plants - Summer Patio Plants/Pot Plants
- Plants for specific types of garden: Scented Plants
- Plants with particular characteristics: Flowering Trees
- Plants beginning with 'A'
- Search Caerhays Garden Diary for more info & pictures
Evergreen - fern-like 2-pinnate, hairy leaves, 12cm (5in) long, each with 40-80 linear, glaucous to silvery leaflets.
Height - 15-30m (50-100ft)
Spread - 6-10m (20-33ft)
Tree - open habit. Produces flowers 5mm (¼in) across in terminal racemes 10-20cm (4-8in) long.
Tender - cool or frost free greenhouse - Tolerant of low temperatures, but not surviving being frozen. Except in frost-free inner-city areas or coastal extremities requires glasshouse conditions. Plant can withstand temperatures down to 1°C (34°F)
Full sun - sheltered site.
Rounded to broadly spreading
Additional Features - Pests & Diseases - red spider mites under glass.
Place of Origin - Australia (New South Wales to Tasmania).
Soil Conditions - Fertile well drained soil
Neutral to acid soil
Acacia - Growing Guide
Shrubs - Care Guide
- How to plant/move a shrub
- How to plant/move a shrub - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Fertisiling shrubs - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Mulching - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Pruning a shrub - Video Tip ondemand_video
Trees - Care Guide
- How to plant a tree - Video Tip ondemand_video
- How to plant a tree
- Checking ties - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Restaking fallen young tree - Video Clip ondemand_video
- Spring pruning - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Removing side shoots - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Deer protection - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Weed Spraying - Video Tip ondemand_video
- Tree Survey - Video Tip ondemand_video
Fertilisers & Feeds - Vitax
Q4 Pelleted Fertiliser
A useful fertiliser suitable for use on a wide variety of plants. Q4 provides all the nutrients and trace elements essential for vigorous growth, abundant flowering and ripening of fruit.
3 options from £6.00
Fertilisers & Feeds - Empathy
Rootgrow mycorrhizal fungi
Recommended by the RHS. Contains Rootgrow™ mycorrhizal fungi. Suitable for all trees and shrubs (except rhododendrons, azaleas, heathers, cranberries and blueberries)
2 options from £6.00
Fertilisers & Feeds - Empathy
All-purpose Seaweed Stimulant
All-purpose organic concentrated seaweed feed that is a ready to use, derived from sustainable harvested kelp, that can be used on all outdoor and indoor plants, except acid loving plants. Perfect used in conjunction with Rootgrow™.
Slate Tie-on Plant Labels
Hand made in Cornwall, these delightful natural slate labels are perfect for pots. Comes with chalk pen. Pack of 5